The Three Fathers Memorial Run was created as a way of remembering three fathers, who were also RCMP officers, who lost their lives on June 4th, 2014 while protecting the community in which they served; Moncton NB.
The Three Fathers committee finds great pride in honouring our three heroes by creating a legacy throughout our six local high schools in these brave mens’ names. We are pleased to announce we will be distributing up to eighteen, $1,000 bursaries, three for each of our six high schools in which the Codiac RCMP serves. This equates up to three bursaries for each of these schools named after Cst Doug Larche, Cst Dave Ross and Cst Fabrice Gevaudan.
These bursaries will be awarded to students who are actively pursuing an education or certification at an accredited post-secondary institution for the upcoming year and who have displayed strong ethics, volunteerism, resilience and community involvement. We encourage any students who feel that they have made a difference to apply. Please note that these bursaries are not intended to only target strong academic achievements.
The successful candidates will be announced at this year’s annual Three Fathers Memorial Run held on Father’s Day, June 20th, 2021.
- Current high school student planning to attend an accredited post- secondary institution full time.
- Resident of the Greater Moncton Community and attending one of the six high schools that are served by the Codiac RCMP: Harrison Trimble High School, École Mathieu-Martin, Moncton High School, École L’Odysée, Bernice McNaughton High School, Riverview High School
- Completed bursary application form. Click here to download the form
- Write a one page essay (400-500 words) explaining what you have learned about yourself this past year during the current global pandemic. Maybe Covid 19 has caused you to change your future goals. Tell us about it! Your essay should demonstrate resiliency, personal growth and your ability to adapt to change.
- Two reference letters from a teacher, school administrator, guidance counselor or community leader who are not related to you. (if possible)
- Copy of your most recent school transcript (if possible)
- Copy of course registration or acceptance letter for the upcoming year.
Application deadline: Application process has now closed for 2021. Thank you to those who applied.
Submitting your application:
You can use the online form below or send by mail at PO Box 29174 Moncton North End, Moncton, NB, E1G4R3